There are essentially 10 qualities of good information:
- It must be relevant.
- It must also be clear.
- There must be sufficient accuracy.
- The information must be complete.
- The information must also be trustworthy.
- It must be concise.
- Information must be provided in a timely manner.
- It must be communicated to the right person.
- It must also be communicated via the right channel.
- Information must be less costly than the value it provides.
Ensuring information you rely on is reliable, is a simple matter of assessing it against the 10 criteria above.